Who doesn’t need a dose of inspiration every now and then to do something worthwhile with their lives? I know that I do. So, I sat down and just decided to write this post that contains a lot of quotes from some of my most favorite people who have accomplished what normal people always thought that no one could ever accomplish.
Who could have thought that a poor lady like JK Rowling could ever make it to the billionaires’ league?
Who could ever think that Steve Jobs could create a business empire like apple?
This post is a dedication to everyone out there. These are the famous quotes from famous writers and These are going to motivate you to wake up and kick ass.
I don’t know.
Just make sure that you don’t live your life the same way that you have been living it after you read this blog post.
1. FAMOUS QUOTES FROM STEVEN KING
You mean that you are a writer and you still haven’t heard of Stephen King?
Come on, what world have you been living?
This guy was born on 21st September 1947 and he is among the best goddamn writers around here on planet earth.
So, what are his quotes?
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.”
Cool quote, but what does it mean?
It means exactly that.
Nobody cares that you have talent, alright? We are 7.5billion people on planet earth. And you know what? Each and every one of these people believes that they are talented. So why does anybody have to care about you being talented?
You have to show someone that you are talented and that takes a lot of hard work, blood and sweat.
But honestly speaking, the blood and the sweat will finally be worth it.
- “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes they win.”
Remember that time you knew that whatever you wanted to do was right but you felt paralyzed by fear?
That fear is the monster that Stephen King is talking about here.
Ever read a novel where monsters contributed to the society in a positive way?
Neither did I.
To live a great life, you have got to stand up for yourself and face the demons that are threatening you in life.
If it is fear (This one is a biggie for me) go face it like a man. Once you face the monsters and the ghosts in you and defeat them, you will finally realize that they were never real and you made them real.
Write that book. Make a decision to turn into a professional writer and starting earning your living solely by writing because you want it. Don’t let any of the monsters that are inside you paralyze you at all. Kill them. Never let these live.
- “Every book you pick has its own lesson or lessons, and quite often the bad books have more to teach than the good ones.”
Call me a book addict if you wish. I am already guilty of that. No offense to that. I am a blogger who has to read in order to share what he learns.
You have to finish that book you took yesterday.
You may just learn a lot than you think you can.
Ask bill gates how many books he reads in a month.
Ask Mark Cuban how many books he reads in a month.
Oh, almost forgot, Ask Elon Musk, how many books does he read in a month.
You will be surprised. These big brains read more than the average joe can even think of ever reading in his or her lifetime.
- “Get busy living or get busy dying”
Tough one, but, what can I say?
I will leave it as it is.
Hold on a minute, I think that I have got something to add.
Do you think that scrolling your Facebook and Twitter timelines is living?
Do you think that watching TV all day is living?
If you are doing the above two things, you are getting busy dying and not living. Change it.
- “Fiction is the truth inside the lie.”
None of the fiction we read is true.
No, the president didn’t get killed in the real sense, he was just killed in the novel, but if you visit the statehouse, the president is still alive.
But if you are the normal human being with a sane mind, It is very easy to get to know the information that is inside the fiction that provides lessons to any normal human beings regarding any normal life they are living.
- “When asked, how do you write? I invariably answer, ‘one word at a time’”
Yeah, I know.
A lot of you reading this are stuck with millions of book ideas that you would like to get out there inform of books.
But then, here comes the most common excuse that we all have: I don’t have time.
Yeah, who has time anymore? We all have the dozens of TV shows waiting for us in our homes so that we can watch them. We all got 1000 other things that we have got to do but we can’t just get to fit in writing among the thousands of other things that we have got to do in the thousand other things.
What if you took Stephen Kings advice and start writing only one word at a time for just one hour every evening instead of having to check on Facebook and keep liking those pictures so that your virtual friends can return the favor?
No one wishes on their deathbed that they wish that they had just liked one picture on Facebook and retweeted one more tweet.
- “If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There is no way around these two things that I am aware of, no shortcut.”
That quote deserves no explanation!
2. FAMOUS QUOTES FROM JK ROWLING
- “You might never fail on the scale I did, but some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live too cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all- in which case, you fail by default.” – very good lives
Good one Rowling.
Speaking of failure and the number of youths that it has already immobilized from getting the lives that they want, the number is huge. Like real huge.
So why do we have to fear failure so much and yet we can never ever avoid it if we do wish to go ahead with our lives?
- “Luck can only get you so far”- harry porter and Half-blood Prince
“Yeah, you know, his promotion was just by sheer luck. Nothing else.”
Shut the fuck up dumbass. It was not by luck, stupid. That guy worked his ass off and that is what led him to be promoted.
Are we clear?
- “There is an expiration date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the steering wheel, responsibility lies with you.”
“I am not successful because dad and mom could not afford to take me to a great university like my high school friends.”
Nah, my friend.
You are where you are in life because of you and only you.
You are old enough to control your life. Why don’t you start making better decisions that will steer you in the right direction rather than the wrong direction?
- “Life is difficult and beyond anyone’s total control, and the humility to that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes.”
You can’t control life.
You can’t make tomorrow be the way you are planning today.
It may rain when you are actually trying to go for a run in the morning.
You will watch your milk all the time but the moment you turn away for a second to reply a WhatsApp text, it will overflow and pour all over the kitchen floor.
Life is supposed to be an adventure.
If we could control when the sun should rise tomorrow and when we will die and when we will win the lottery and when we will get married and who we will marry, I wouldn’t want to live.
Life would be boring as hell.
3. STEVE JOBS
This is the man who single-handedly revolutionized the world of technology as we see it now.
I recently watched the movie Steve Jobs: The man in the machine recently. I think you should also watch it, just to understand how Steve Jobs managed to move from the bottom of the pile and to the top.
All he did by himself.
No daddy money or daddy connection was involved.
- “Your work is going to fill a larger part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you will know when you find it.”
Steve Jobs was this kind of man who was after his own heart.
He did what he wanted. Watch Steve Jobs: The man in the machine to see this for yourself. Doing what he wanted is what skyrocketed him into the huge guy who built the huge company from a parking garage to what it is now.
- “Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.”
This is my very best quote.
Do you feel like writing is a career that you want?
What are you waiting for?
Do what your heart wants you to do.
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we have done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”
Focus on providing value. Don’t focus on racking up riches.
Bill Gates is the richest man on earth.
But wait a minute.
Look at what he is doing with his cash right now.
Using it to help fight malaria in Africa.
That is what I am talking about.
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.”
Tell someone from the 1960s that you could send a picture to someone who is miles away and they will call you crazy.
Tell someone right now that there is a possibility that at some point in history that the human species might live on Mars and they will call Elon musk names, starting with the name crazy of course.
From my experience, it is only crazy people who have managed to change the world.
- “Your life is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
What can I say?
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; only connect them looking backward. So, you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something- your gut, destiny, Karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
I ain’t gonna explain this one.
It is as clear as daylight.
- For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today was my last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ and whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
Do you do shit just because you have to that shit? Do you wake up and go to work just because you need to pay the bills at the end of the month while when you are at work you feel like committing suicide?
This is no way to live.
You need to change something.
Living 5 days of the week waiting for the weekend is wasting 71.4% of your life.
Life is already too short to waste that amount of time.
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking that you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
Call it lame, but I got to be 100% honest with you.
Death is my greatest motivator.
Once fear tried to handicap me. You know what I thought to myself?
“In less than a hundred short fucking years I will be dead and buried and decomposed and forgotten. What the fuck am fearing.”
Then I went and did that shit that had scared the shit out of me.
If I am going to die, why the hell am I not going after my dreams?
It’s already 2000+ words and I am kind off thinking of wrapping up this thing.
Do you have any additional quotes from any of your favorited people?
Well, put these in the comments section down below.
And, don’t you forget to share this one on social media. It will save a life!